- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
MQM concerned over ‘extra-judicial killing’ of workers
In an emergency press conference here, MQM leader Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui said Sindh police had formed its death squads to target MQM workers.
He said MQM activist Waseem was the 40th worker who had extra-judicially been killed.
Speaking on the occasion, MQM leader Kanwar Naveed Jameel said it seemed as if courts were also under pressure.
He said 92 of the MQM activists were still missing. “A country cannot be termed secure where people’s lives have no security”, he added.