The ATC-I Quetta, during the hearing today, remarked that three accused including former federal minister Aftab Sherpao and ex-home minister Balochistan Shoaib Nausherwani – have no link in the case.
The litigation continued for a period of three-and-a-half years and the ATC issued its verdict today after reaching its decision following completion of arguments from both the sides.
Baloch nationalist leader Akbar Bugti was killed with his companions in an army operation in Tartani area of Kohlu district on Aug 26, 2006. Mr Musharraf and Mr Sherpao were among the nominated accused in the case.
Last year, Mr Musharraf’s counsel Syed Akhtar Shah had said that there was no concrete evidence of his client’s involvement in the death of Akbar Bugti. He said that Akbar Bugti had died in “an accident” as the cave he was hiding in had collapsed on him.
Talking to ARY News, spokesperson of Musharraf’s own party All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) Aasia Ishaque said all charges framed against Musharraf were politically-motivated. She said Musharraf’s decisions during his tenure were in the better interest of Pakistan.
Ms Ishaque said Mr. Musharraf returned to Pakistan to fight all ‘politically-motivated’ cases and he is treading the right path.