- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
NAB initiates inquiry against Sindh police officers
According to details, a high level meeting presided by chairman NAB has approved the initiation of inquiry against corrupt officers in Sindh police starting the process with IG Sindh Ghulam Haider Jamali.
Sources say that the Chairman NAB was briefed about corruption among the law enforcement agency’s ranks and was told that millions of rupees were embezzled in the purchase of equipment.
The AIG Finance was accused of embezzelment of funds through fake bills.
It was recommended that IG Sindh and AIG Finance Fida Hussain be removed from their posts so that the lower level police officers cannot remove the proofs of such malpractice.
The authority has also started inquiry agains DIG headquarters Aleem Jaffri, AIG Finance Fida Hussain, AIG Logistics Tanveer Tahir, SP Asif Razzaq and Muddat Kazmi