- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
NAB submits list of 150 mega corruption cases to Supreme Court
A three-member bench, headed by Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja, was hearing a case filed by Manzoor Ahmed Ghauri against chairman NAB and other officials.
The list includes cases against high profile figures, including incumbent Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, his brother and Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif, Raja Pervez Ashraf, Ishaq Dar and other top government officials.
The document also lists 50 cases each of monitory irregularities, misuse of powers and land scams.
The apex court today expressed dissatisfaction over the report submitted by NAB.
The court said that the anti-graft body should add two columns that detail the dates of when the application against an individual was filed and when it was verified.