- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Nabil Gabol approaches court against “death threats” from Altaf
The former PPP leader – who also remained associated with the MQM after winning National Assembly seat on Mutahidda ticket in 2013 general elections – approached the Sindh High Court to seek protection against alleged life threats.
In his plea, he said the Sindh government would be responsible if he was harmed.
He also requested the court to provide him Rangers security. He was of the view that MQM chief was not happy with him. “Mr. Hussain is raged at me for my disclosures against the party,” he added.
In reaction, the MQM leader Khwaja Izharul Hassan has hit back at Gabol’s plea in the SHC, saying “every bandit and thief is now facing death threats.”