National Highway Authority spent Rs1.342 trillion on 72 projects in 2014-15 – Gwadar handed 6.279 million tons
- Pakistan’s total road network is around 263,942 Kms which carries over 96 percent of inland freight and 92 percent of passenger traffic.
- Length of the NHA (National Highways Authority) road network is around 12,131 kms and comprises of 39 national highways, motorways, expressway and strategic roads.
- During 2014-15, the NHA executed 72 development projects costing Rs 1,342 billion.
- The Government of Punjab and the Federal government jointly completed the Rawalpindi-Islamabad Metro-Bus service project with a total cost of Rs44.21 billion.
- The network of Pakistan Railway comprises of 7,791 route kilometres, 452 locomotives, 1,732 passenger coaches and 15,948 freight wagons.
- During the financial year 2014-15, 90 kms of track has been rehabilitated besides doubling of 57 kms track.
- PIA’s expenditure decreased by 38 per cent and its operating revenue increased from Rs. 95.771 billion to Rs 99.519 billion in 2014.
- During July-March, 2014-15, the Pakistan National Shipping Corporation companies earned revenue of Rs12.20 billion compared to Rs 11.37 billion over the corresponding period of last year.
- During July-March 2014-15, the total cargo handled at Gwadar Port stood at 6.279 million tons against 5.764 million tons over the corresponding period of last year showing a growth of 8.9 percent.