Karachi

Nine accused of Dockyard attack arrested, says Asif

ISLAMABAD/KARACHI: Defense Minister, Khwaja Muhammad Asif has claimed that nine of the accused involved in the Karachi Naval Dockyard attack have been arrested, while two masterminds of the attack have fled out of country, ARY News reported.

Talking to media on Friday, Khwaja Asif told that investigating officials have found evidence of the involvement of foreign elements in the Dockyard attack. He affirmed that two officials of the Pakistan Navy, one commissioned and the other non-commissioned were also involved in the attack on Naval Dockyard in Karachi.

Asif said investigation is underway that how coordinated attacks are being carried out from within the armed forces.

He added that the appointment of the new DG Inter Services Intelligence is under consideration; however no speculations should be made in this regard.

Earlier on September 6, Pakistan Navy personnel had thwarted a deadly terrorist attack on Karachi Naval dockyard, during which a sailor and two of the attackers were killed, while four were arrested.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top