Pakistan

No more big flooding threat in Sindh, says Qaim

KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah has said the threat of big flooding in the province had subsided, ARY News reported Wednesday.

The CM Sindh, on his arrival to Sukkur, was briefed by irrigation officials that 4,00,000 to 5,00,000 cusecs of water would enter Sindh tonight.

Shah said he was not satisfied with the arrangements made by the irrigation department for tackling floods.

He, however, said strict protective measures had now been taken on locations where flooding threat was serious. The chief minister added that arrangements for native people, who are at risk, had been made to provide them with necessary relief goods.

He warned of strict action against officials demonstrating negligence in their official responsibilities.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top