- Great fall of China sinks world stocks, dollar tumbles
- IMF official says ‘premature’ to speak of Chinese crisis
- Weekly inflation rate falls by 0.35 pct
- Disappointing business surveys intensify world growth fears
- Oil dives below $40 after rise in U.S. oil rigs
- Germany wants IMF involved in Greek bailout for reform rigour: sources
Pakistan, IMF hold talks for 8th review of extended fund facility
Pakistan was represented by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar while the International Monetary Fund by Harald Finger.
During the course of discussion, the Finance Minister briefed the IMF team about current state of Pakistan’s economy.
He shared with the IMF team the government’s focus on the income support programme.
He also informed the IMF delegation about the government’s resolve for settlement of Temporary Displaced Persons.