- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Pakistan protest ceasefire violation by India
In a statement, the Foreign Office spokesman said the Indian troops violated the ceasefire, by opening fire on a front of 11 kilometres at Nezapir, in Poonch sector.
He said it is deeply regretted that once again the ceasefire violations by the Indian troops are being committed during the Eid holidays, as was done by them last year, when many innocent civilians were martyred.
The spokesman said that this time four civilians lost their lives on 15 and 16 July when people were busy preparing for the most happy and sacred occasion of Eid ul Fitr.
He said Pakistan lodged protest at the provocative act, which is against the spirit of the understanding reached at the Ufa meeting.