- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
General Raheel hits Afridi for a boundary in Azadi cricket match
According to DG ISPR Major General Asim Salim Bajwa, the income generated through the match will be donated to the internally displaced persons (IDPs)
The army chief was the chief guest on the occasion. He started the match by hitting Shahid Afridi for a boundary.
Visitors came in large numbers to watch their stars in action in the 10-over match. The Army XI, however, defeated the Pakistan XI team.
Pakistan cricket star Shahid Afridi bowled to the army chief. He moved a little forward and hit leg side boundary for four.
General Sharif later met the Pakistan team players including Test Captain Misbahul Haq and Ahmed Shehzad and exchanged views with them.