- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Pakistani bodybuilder wins gold medal in US
According to ARY News correspondent Ali Hassan, Malik was a salesman at Karachi’s Haidery market where he used to sell handbag of ladies.
He won a gold medal in 75-kilogram category of muscle mania bodybuilding championship in Florida.
Malik had left for the US to take part in bodybuilding competition, carrying only three-day meal. Our correspondent reported that the bodybuilder bore all the expenses of the competition on his own. The Pakistan Bodybuilding Federation didn’t extend any financial help to Malik.
In an interview couple of years back to a newspaper, Malik had said it was sad that in our country only cricketers get noticed. “People like me get so many offers from all over the world, like it happened recently when I was competing in Mr Asia, but no one cares about us in our own country.”
When asked if Pakistan Bodybuilding Federation is of any help to him, Malik responded. “They are too busy in their own internal politics to think about the bodybuilders.”