- Pakistan’s estimated population is 191.71 million in 2015 — in 2014 it was estimated at 188 million in 2014.
- The Population Growth Rate has shown improvement and decreased from 1.95 percent in 2014 to 1.92 percent in 2015.
- Total Fertility Rate (TFR) is 3.2 children per women in 2015.
- Life expectancy for women has improved from 66.9 years to 67.3 years in 2015 and life expectancy for males has increased from 64.9 years to 65.2 years in 2015.
- The Crude Birth Rate has improved from 26.4 per thousand to 26.1 per thousand and Crude Death Rate decreased from 6.90 per thousand to 6.80 per thousand in 2015.
- The Urban population has increased from 72.50 million in 2014 to 75.19 million in 2015 while rural population increased to 116.5 million from 115.5 million in 2015.
- The total labour force has reached at 60.09 million in 2013-14.
- The total number of people employed during 2013-14 was 56.52 million,
- Unemployment rate has decreased from 6.24 percent in 2012-13 to 6.0 percent in 2013-14.
The 2014-15 Economic Survey of Pakistan released this evening by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar provided the following details about Pakistan’s population, life expectancy, birth and death rates, and the total labour force.