- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Party positions in the Senate, NA and Sindh Assembly
In such a situation, it would be instructive to know beforehand the party positions in each of these three legislative bodies, since if the resignations were to be accepted, there would be bye-elections, and if the MQM were to (an assumption for now) boycott them, then all kinds of permutations and combinations may follow.
In the National Assembly, the party position is that the MQM has 24 seats out of a house of 342.
In the Senate, out of a total number of 104 seats, the MQM has eight.
In the Sindh Assembly, out of a total 168 seats, the MQM has 51. The party position is shown below.