- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
PIA offers explanation on record-making ‘pilot sisters’
The national carrier’s spokesperson, who broke the news on August 30, explained today that Maryam Masood and Erum Masood have not been flying the same aircraft together, as reported by a number of media houses.
“Few media houses have erroneously reported that they are flying the same aircraft together. This led many to believe as if one had been made captain of Boeing 777, which is not correct,” reads the press release issued by PIA.
The statement adds that both the sisters are First Officers and fly it alongside a Captain.
As Gilani tweeted on August 30 that PIA’s pilot sisters have made history for the airline by flying Boeing-777 concurrently, the news even made it to international media houses, making Pakistan proud.
However, a number of media houses reported that they flew the same jet together.