Pakistan

PM directs for arrangements to return bodies of nine Pakistanis from Kuwait

nawaz-final

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has directed the Secretary Human Resource Development to make arrangements for the return of bodies of nine Pakistanis, including six belonging to a same family, killed in a blaze in Kuwait, ARY News reported.

The prime minister said this should be done by Overseas Pakistanis Foundation (OPF) in coordination with foreign office and Pakistan embassy in Kuwait.

Nawaz Sharif also directed the foreign office and the OPF to  get in touch with the bereaved families and make sure that they are kept informed. He said that compensation to the families should also be paid within three days.

At least nine Pakistanis, including children, were killed and 23 others injured in a fire which broke out at a villa housing expatriate workers in Kuwait City on Thursday.

 The family belongs to Mian Chunno area of Punjab. While talking to ARY News, Foreign Office Spokesman Nafees Zakaria also confirmed that he was informed by relatives of the family in Punjab about the dismal incident.

Reuters added: Six people, at least one of whom was a child, suffocated to death after a blaze tore through a house that had been subdivided into multiple residences in Farwaniya, a suburb 15 km (10 miles) south of Kuwait City, and three others died from injuries in hospital, a Fire Service Directorate spokesman said.

The spokesman did not give details of the victims’ nationalities or identities. He said one firefighter had been seriously injured.

Expatriate workers make up slightly more than two-thirds of Kuwait’s 4.3 million population.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top