- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
PM orders for expediting relief activities in flood-hit areas
He has directed the National Disaster Management Authority to gear up relief activities in the flood affected areas of the country.
The prime minister could not undertake visit to Chitral today due to bad weather conditions.
PM Nawaz Sharif also directed National Highway Authority to keep N-45 open so that Chitral remains linked with the national road network.
Meanwhile, rescue and relief operation by the district administration in collaboration with Pak Army and Provincial Disaster Management Authority is in progress in torrential and flashflood areas.