- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
PM inaugurates Islamabad-Rawalpindi metro bus project
A dedicated signal-free track of 23 kilometer has been constructed between Islamabad Secretariat to Saddar Rawalpindi with 24 stations equipped with modern facilities to facilitate the commuters of twin cities.
— Hina Butt Hayat (@hinaparvezbutt) June 4, 2015
Ticketing booths, escalators, and overhead bridges have been constructed at the stations for the convenience of the commuters.
— Saima Farooq (@SaimaFarooq) June 4, 2015
The project has been completed at a cost of over Rs 44 billion, which was shared by the federal and Punjab government.
— M. Šhams-üz-Žaman (@MShamsZ) June 4, 2015
Initially 60 buses will ply on the route and around one 1,50,000 commuters will benefit from this service daily.