- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Police kill two unarmed motorcyclists for ignoring signal to stop
The police contingent was deployed at Commercial Market where it signaled the motorcyclist to stop at the check-post. The riders, who were real brothers, ignored the police signal and went past the check-post. In rage, the cops opened fire, resulting serious injuries to both the boys.
They were taken to Holy Family Hospital, where they died during treatment. The victims’ family staged strong protest outside the police station and blocked the road.
Reacting to the demands of victims family, RPO Rawalpindi ordered arrest of responsible cops and inquiry into the matter.
Heirs said they would take the bodies to the Parliament House to lodge protest.