- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Punjab Assembly passes resolution against MQM, demands probe after BBC report
BBC in its report a day before yesterday had accused MQM of having received funding from India. The report, citing an “authoritative” Pakistani source, also alleged that MQM ‘militants’ received training in India in 2006.
The resolution was tabled by Mian Aslam Iqbal of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
The resolution demanded that MQM be tried under Article-6 of the Constitution if charges against them stands proved.