- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Punjab govt’s alert: ’17 suicide bombers are out to target educational institutions’
The letter was written by Home department, the copy of which is available with ARY News, Tehreek-e-Tailban is planning to target educational institutions of Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad and Multan as well as Bahaudin Zikiriya University, Nishtar Medical College are their preferential targets in near future.
The letter states that Commander Mullah Umar Mansoor alias Naray has issued directions and dispatched six suicide bombers while TTP Sajna Group has sent 11 suicide bombers for the foul play.
The home department has directed for extreme vigilance and foolproof security measures of all levels.
It has further conveyed the district administrations of the respective divisions for adopting for immediately adopting appropriate security measures to avoid any untoward incident and to convene district Intelligence Committee meetings on regular basis.