- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Qadri alleges “Model Town massacre planned at PM House”
At least 14 workers of Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) were killed and more than 80 suffered bullet wounds in a clash with law enforcement personnel outside Dr Tahirul Qadri’s residence in Model Town on June 17, 2014.
In a hard-hitting address to his supporters upon his return, the PAT chief demanded Rangers operation in Lahore – like the one paramilitary force did in Karachi.
He asked his workers to maintain unity within ranks and fight against government oppression.
He blamed the government tragic deaths due to heatwave in Karachi and said lack of measures adopted by the government caused deaths of people.
Earlier upon his arrival to Lahore, a large number of PAT supporters gathered to welcome their leader and chanted slogans in his favour.