Ramazan Recipe: Potato Cutlets
- Four boiled large size potatoes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Four tablespoons + 4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- One tablespoon corn flour
- One teaspoon grated ginger
- Two tablespoons of finely chopped coriander leaves
- Two seeded and finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- One teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Take a pressure cooker or a pan and boil them till they are soft. Take the soft boiled potates, then peel and mash them. Boil the peas for 5 minutes. Drain the water and transfer them to a small bowl.
- Put the mashed potatoes in a different bowl and add boiled peas, four tablespoons of breadcrumbs, corn flour, grated ginger, coriander leaves, finely chopped green chilli, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Mix the entire ingredients till they are in a smooth dough like mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll them into small size balls.
- Take one ball and gently press it between your palms and make a round shaped 1/2-inch thick kabab like pattie. Take 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs in a plate and coat the cutlets with it on all sides by rolling it in the breadcrumb filled plate.
- Prepare the remaining cutlets as prescribed above.
- Take a non-stick flat pan heat the oil. When pan or griddle is hot enough, drizzle 2-3 teaspoons of cooking oil over it and put 3-4 cutlets on the oil and cook until the bottom of the pattie turns golden brown.
- You can prepare three to four cutlets at one time.
- Serve the hot and crispy cutlets with tomato ketchup or green chutney.