- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Rangers “overstepped its authority” with SBCA office raid: CM Sindh writes to DG Rangers
In a letter, CM Sindh said Rangers had been given powers under Anti-Terrorism Act to stop burgeoning terrorism.
However, Rangers raid at Sindh Building Control Authority’s office was overstepping of its doman. The letter, citing CM Sindh, urged that Rangers must work within its defined boundaries.
The notification detailing Rangers domain of work was also attached with the letter.
Mr. Shah said Rangers must respect provincial autonomy.
The copy of the letter was also dispatched to Interior Ministry Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan.