- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Rangers’ policing powers restricted to Karachi in fresh notification
According to the notifications, the policing powers granted to the paramilitary force in the province is restricted only to Karachi division, as was requested by the provincial government.
The other notification allows Rangers to stay in Sindh for one more year, applicable to whole of Sindh.
It is pertinent to note here that the issue became a bone of contention between the ministry and the provincial government after reports yesterday that the legal experts at the ministry rejected summaries sent by Sindh government.
Legal experts at the interior ministry were of the view that the summaries sent by Sindh government are against Article 147 of the Constitution of Pakistan.
Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah had approved Rangers stay in Karachi for one more year, allowing them to continue using their special policing powers for 90 more days on Monday, his spokesperson had said in a statement.