- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Senate passes Credit Bureau Bill 2015
The bill was moved by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar.
Explaining importance of the bill, it has been stated that Credit Bureaus throughout the world have their eminence and impacton financial decisions. Lending and investment assessments by financial institution particularly by banks are crucial elements for healthy credit culture in the country.
Credit bureau provides information for objective examination of credit standing of the borrowers. In Pakistan, a couple of private credit bureaus started their functions without any legal framework or regulatory requirements.