- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Senate passes motion to form committee on Panama Papers probe
The motion to create a 12-member committee was moved by Law Minister Zahid Hamid.
Senate chairman Raza Rabbani left the House in protest, saying he should have been consulted before the motion was moved in the House. After his walkout, presiding officer Barrister Javed Abbasi conducted the proceedings.
PPP, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Muttahidda Qaumi Movement (MQM), Pakhtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP), Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-F (JUI-F) and FATA senators staged a walk out from Senate as they did not get a reply to their questions from treasury benches.
The opposition has decided to write two separate letters to the parliament and Senate. The opposition will submit three names to the National Assembly speaker and three names to the chairman of Senate.
PPP Senator Babar Awan took federal ministers to exception, saying they don’t give importance to the Senate andin case of their presence, they don’t come up with satisfactory asnwers to queries of opposition lawmakers.