- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Seven of a family die in Rawalpindi house fire
The unfortunate house was located in Scheme-III of Chaklala . According to rescue officials, fire erupted due to electricity short circuit.
The fire first sparked at ground floor of the house at around 5am, which later engulfed to the entire building, said rescue officials.
The deceased persons include husband (identified as Shaukat Ashrah), wife (Aisha Ashraf), four sons (Mohsin, Umar, Usman, Hasan) and a daughter (Taiyyaba Ashraf).
Meanwhile, father of Ashraf’s wife alleged that brother-in-law of Ashraf, Shehzad Anjum set house on fire over property dispute.
He claimed that his daughter had phoned him couple of days ago, seeking help after threats from the relative.
Rescue 1122 officials reached the spot and shifted the bodies to District Headquarters Hospital. They said fire rapidly spread to the entire house as wooden goods were there in a large quantity.