According to ARY News, the court while rejecting the petition filed by Nikhat Mirza, said that it could not decide the plea since the Supreme Court had already passed an order on the matter.
The court had directed the home secretary and the provincial chiefs of prisons of Sindh and Balochistan on Thursday to submit their respective comments on the petition.
A division bench headed by Justice Naimatullah Phulpoto had ordered the two provincial governments to ensure filing of comments by the respondent authorities until Friday (today).
The wife of Saulat Mirza in her petition, pleaded the court to stay the implementation on the death warrant of her husband till the re-investigation into the murder of former KESC chief Shahid Hamid concluded.
She had also asked the court to include in the probe leaders of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) who were named in her husband’s confessional statement released a few hours before his execution was scheduled to take place on March 19.
Nikhat had also said her husband would help bring the other accused to justice and added that if Mirza was hanged, the evidence would be buried and no one else would ever dare to speak the truth.
Former MQM worker Saulat Mirza is set to be hanged on May 12 in Machh Jail after his death warrant issued for a third time on May 2.
He was sentenced to death in 1999 for murder of then managing director of Karachi Electric Supply Corporation Shahid Hamid, his driver Asif Brohi and gunman Khan Akbar in 1997 in Karachi.