- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Sindh Assembly passes resolution against Altaf amid MQM protest
The resolution was jointly moved by the lawmakers of Pakistan Muslim League-Functional, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
It condemned Mr. Hussain “for seeking foreign help to save the party.”
The resolution stated that the MQM chief be brought back to the country and tried under law. “This House condemns the MQM chief for his remarks against the state institutions,” reads one of the excerpts of the resolution.
Amid the voting, MQM legislators –who are also in opposition – raised slogans against the provincial government and other MPAs who tabled the resolution. Ruckus was also erupted, but the resolution sailed through the House.
It may be noted here that PML-F has 10 members in the provincial legislature, followed by eight of the PML-N and four PTI. While strength of MQM lawmakers’ stand at 51.
The resolution was also backed by the PPP which holds the majority 92 seats.
The session was adjourned till Monday.