Karachi

Sindh to start executions of terror convicts from Jan 13

KARACHI: The Sindh government has decided to start implementing death sentences of terror convicts from January 13, ARY News reported.

The decision in this regard was taken during the Provincial Apex Committee meeting chaired by Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah. The meeting was attended by Governor Sindh, corps commander Karachi, director general Rangers Sindh.

Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon has said the federal government would send the cases to military courts on request of the provincial government.

In the first phase, cases pertaining to PNS Mehran Base attack, Karachi airport attack and sectarian attacks will be sent to the military courts, he added.


Sindh to start executions of terror convicts… by arynews

He said it had been decided to establish check-posts on entry points of Karachi while registration of house tenants will also be carried out. He said head money will be announced for 500 target killers and 450 kidnappers.

The minister said it had been decided to form separate force to fight terrorism.

To a question, he said execution of death row convict Saulat Mirza was put on hold on orders of the federal government.

Mirza was sentenced to death by an anti-terrorism court in May 1999 for murdering the managing director of then named Karachi Electric Supply Corporation Shahid Hamid, his driver Ashraf Brohi and guard Khan Akbar in July 1997.

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top