According to details, the fire erupted in a house at Lahore’s Kot Khwaja Saeed due to which six brothers and sisters along with their mother were sustained severe burns.
Three of the children died on the spot whereas the rest succumbed to their injuries during treatment at a hospital.
It is learnt that the fire broke out due to electricity short circuit.
It is being also being said that the rescue teams arrived late at the scene whereas eye-witness have also stated that there was no water in the fire engines due to which the relief work could not be started.
The deceased children were identified as five years old Anha, eight years old Dua, 11 years old Zain, 12 years old Minahil and 1.5 years old twins Azaan and Azhan.
Bulletins – 1200 – Sunday – 17 – May – 2015 by arynews
Large number of people attended the funeral prayers held earlier today.
Victims were laid to rest at a local graveyard.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has taken notice of the incident, and sought report into the matter. He ordered action against negligent officials in the rescue team.
Meanwhile, an eyewitness told that fire brigade vans reached the site after one and a half hour when huge damage was already inflicted.