Shah Rukh Khan is crowned as the Badshah of Bollywood for his remarkable contribution in the Hindi cinema However, the actor has colossal contribution in building India better. SRK is a king at heart too, he says ‘I follow Quran which says if you do charity for a reason it’s not a charity’. This makes him keep his philanthropic deeds hidden from lime light. Here are few stories that tell about his generosity.
- There is a small NGO for children called ‘Make a Wish Foundation’, sources say that SRK is closely involved in the activities of this NGO and he comes to their rescue whenever they need him. SRK also arranges long hour meeting at his home for the kids of this foundation.
- It is believed that SRK used to charge 5000 per interview at the peak of his stardom more than a decade ago. But there is also a fact that the star used to take cheques from channels in the favor of NGOs, he used to support at that time.
- It is also heard that while hosting ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ SRK used to invite his celebrity friends like Rani Mukherjee, Farah Khan, Priyanka Chopra and others to donate big prize money for social causes.
- When NDTV-Toyota took the initiative of Greenathon to create awareness about environmental issues SRK supported them fully. King Khan adopted 5 villages in 2009 and 12 in 2012 with the aim of providing solar power to the villages without electricity.
- Very few people know that top to bottom employees of SRK’s Red Chilies are treated with the love and respect. The actor distributes a special share of profit amongst his employees in form of bonus when his films get success.
- SRK has many hidden acts of generosity like bearing the ailment expenses of people who have worked with him. Like, Shahrukh bore the medical treatment of Charu Khandal the animator of Ra-One when she got critical in a car accident and the list of these stories does not end.