CHENNAI: Indian police have arrested an octogenarian art dealer for possessing hundreds of artefacts thought to have been stolen from Hindu temples, as they probe possible links to international smuggling rackets, officers said Wednesday.
- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
PARIS:The rain-swollen River Seine in Paris receded Saturday for the first time in a week after nearing its highest level in three decades, triggering a scramble to save artworks in riverside museums.
CAIRO: The scientific analysis of one Tutankhamun’s 3,300-year-old daggers found buried with him “strongly supports” a theory it was made of meteoric iron, according to a new study.
PARIS: The Louvre museum in flood-hit Paris said it would close on Friday to evacuate artworks held in its underground reserves as the River Seine began to burst its banks.