Unusual

Teen’s bedroom destroyed after phone charging on bed

room-main

LONDON: It’s often been advised to avoid talking on phone when it’s charging and better not keep it plugged for long hours. Or else, consequences could be disastrous.

That exactly happened to a teenage girl’s entire bedroom when it burned to a ashes after she left her phone charging on her bed overnight.

The girl named Caitlin Rae Durant, a 15-year-old from Morfa Bychan in north Wales, managed to flee the blaze and fortunately escaped – but all of her belongings have been destroyed, and her family has had to leave the house for six months.

room1

Her iPhone charger had caught fire despite being a genuine Apple product, reported the Wales News Service. It is reported that the phone sparked fire after it overheated, and the entire room became engulfed in flames.

Firefighters have now released photos of her room as a stark warning.

‘Turn chargers off and unplug them before you go to bed,’ Stuart Millington, senior fire safety manager at North Wales Police, said. ‘Never leave items on charge or unattended for long periods.’

room-4

‘Nothing can be saved,’ the frightened girl added.

 

Want to see what happened to the room next?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

room-2


A mobile phone charger destroyed Caitlin Rae Durant's 15, bedroom - when it caught on fire overnight and set the room ablaze. The charger was left on overnight, causing it to overheat and as a result the entire room was engulfed in flames. Pictured here is Caitlin Rae bedroom after the blaze. © WALES NEWS SERVICE

A mobile phone charger destroyed Caitlin Rae Durant’s 15, bedroom – when it caught on fire overnight and set the room ablaze.

 


room-3


room

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top