- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Ex-TTP spokesperson Shahidullah Shahid killed in drone strike: reports
According to Afghan news agency, at least 52 militants were killed in the drone strike including Shahidullah Shahid.
Shahid had pledged allegiance to global terror outfit Daesh, also known as Islamic State in October last year.
Following his affiliation with Daesh, he was sacked from the TTP.
The TTP has seen several desertions last year after its leader Hakimullah Mehsud was killed in a US drone strike in November 2013.