The meeting of religious scholars was held in Lahore in this connection.
The code of conduct issued by the PUC is as follows;
:CODE OF CONDUCT:
- The use of loudspeakers will be prohibited other than delivering Arabic sermon in Friday prayers and prayer call [Azaan].
- Complete ban will be imposed on religious edicts, preaching of Holy Quran and religious congregations through loudspeakers.
- Seminary administration will also keep all documents of an enrolled student in its custody.
- No foreign student or teacher could stay in Madaris without their legal documents.
- Immigration card issued by Pakistani government to Afghan students and teachers will be considered legal document.
- Registered seminaries will be bound to submit annual audit report of their seminary to the relevant authorities.
- Unregistered seminaries should keep their (applied for) registration receipt with them.
Meanwhile, Jamiat-e-Ulema Pakistan and other Sunni religious parties have announced to lodge protest on February 14 against ban on use of loudspeakers.