- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
US Embassy employee shot dead in Islamabad
According to the police, the deceased identified as Iqbal Baig worked for US Drug Enforcement Agency.
The motive for the attack is still unclear and the US Embassy did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
“US Embassy security officials visited the scene of crime,” police officer Khalid Awan, who confirmed Baig’s slaying, said.
Baig belonged to the minority community, Ismaili. At least 45 people, including women and children, belonging to the Ismaili community were killed when around a half a dozen gunmen sprayed them with bullets in execution style inside a bus near Safoora Chowrangi in Karachi on May 13 this year.