Sports

Warner, Dhawan, Kohli fined over Adelaide clashes

DUBAI: Australia’s David Warner and India duo Shikhar Dhawan and stand-in skipper Virat Kohli were found guilty of breaching the ICC code of conduct and handed fines for bust-ups during the stormy first Test which ended in Adelaide on Saturday.

Warner and Dhawan were fined 15 and 30 per cent of their match fees respectively for their roles in an incident that took place during the second session of play on Friday, while Kohli was also fined 30 per cent of his match fee for his involvement in a separate incident shortly before the close of play on the fourth day.

Warner, who made a century in each innings, and Dhawan were both fined for their roles in events that followed after Varun Aaron’s delivery that bowled the Australian was called a no-ball after a video review. Warner, instead of walking directly back to his batting position, walked towards the bowler and made a provocative comment, said an ICC statement.

After the next delivery, Dhawan came in from his fielding position and aggressively remonstrated with Warner, stopping the game in the process.

Kohli, in a separate incident, stopped play to approach Australian batsman Steven Smith and remonstrate with him after an lbw appeal off the bowling of Rohit Sharma had been turned down.

The three players admitted the offences and accepted the sanctions proposed by match referee Jeff Crowe.

“Both captains agreed that they will take the lead and the responsibility for setting the example. In particular, to stop any unacceptable aggression of any kind towards opposing players,” said Crowe.

Australia won the match by 48 runs after a gripping final day which had seen Kohli hit a majestic 141- AFP

Comments

comments

Copyright © 2016 ARYNEWS.tv

To Top