- 27-kg heroine seized from PIA aircraft in Karachi
- Dasti approaches ECP for registration of his party
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Pemra bans crime re-enactment shows on TV channels ahead of Ramazan
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
Wasim Akram used “harsh language” when his car was hit, says arrested driver
According to arrested driver Altaf, he got confused after his car slightly hit Wasim Akram’s vehicle.
He explained that his owner Amir asked him to accelerate the car after the incident. “As I tried to flee, Wasim Akram went berserk, used harsh language and tried to dodge us.”
He claimed that he didn’t open fire, adding his owner had the gun who fired aerial gunshots.
Arrested driver said Wasim Akram used ‘harsh langugae’
“A car hit mine, I stopped him and then his guy stepped out and fired at my car,” he told.
Initial reports had said the gunman did not aim at the cricketer. But Akram later claimed the man had been about to shoot him when someone revealed who he was. He added that the incident was a road rage, not a terror attack.
“He tried to shoot me, his gun was pointing at me, then people told him my identity and he fired at the side of my car,” Akram told reporters.