- Afghan Taliban appoint new leader after Mansour’s death
- Fazl active to ‘arrange’ Nawaz-Zardari meeting in London
- Pakistan ‘seeking clarification’ about air strike on Taliban leader
- Afghanistan probes Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s fate after deadly US drone attack
- Imran ends NA speech with a street protest ‘warning’
- Policeman dead, 15 wounded in Peshawar twin explosions
Woman injured in Indian firing near LoC dies
Fareeda was caught in unprovoked Indian firing in Jandrot sector near the LoC on Sunday morning.
According to ISPR, she was being treated at the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) at Rawalpindi where she succumbed to her wounds today.
A border ceasefire agreement signed by the neighbours in 2003 has largely held, but both frequently accuse each other of breaching it.
Indian forces killed four Pakistani civilians on July 15 and 16, one in Kashmir itself and three near the town of Sialkot close to the border.
Since 1989 several rebel groups have been fighting hundreds of thousands of Indian forces deployed in the region, for independence or a merger of the territory with Pakistan.