Politics of revenge should end, or the consequences will be horrible: Asif Ali Zardari
He said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had not learnt any lesson from the past and was now going back to the politics of the 1990s, when both parties were often locked in a mutually confrontational relationship.
Read here: Govt responds to Mr. Zardari’s diatribe
– “Actions being taken by the federal agencies in Sindh are clear violation of the Constitution, if they want to conduct accountability, they should first take action against a federal minister who has given a confessional statement before a magistrate that he has been involved in money-laundering for Sharif brothers.”
– “At a time when our innocent citizens are being killed by indiscriminate bombing in border villages by the enemy; when Pakistan Army is fighting a decisive war against the terrorists. Mian Nawaz Sharif, instead of challenging the real enemy, is targeting People’s Party and other political opponents.”
Nawaz has again started 1990s revenge politics… by arynews
– “Nawaz Sharif has not learnt any lessons from the past. We aren’t who fled to Jeddah after seeking pardon. The nation very well knows that the ‘honor’ of applying for pardon by any politician in the country only belongs to Mian Nawaz Sharif.”
– Pakistan People’s Party fully stands with the Army in the on-going war against terrorism. We salute our jawans who gave ultimate sacrifice in this war.
– Steps being taken by the government clearly indicates that they’re dividing the nation in an attempt to save their natural allies Taliban and the terrorists and weaken the war against terror.
The statement issued by the former president is reproduced below: