Zayn Malik has finally addressed the chaos that led to the abrupt cancellation of his much-anticipated Netflix docuseries with former One Direction bandmate Louis Tomlinson.
Reports of a physical altercation between the two singers surfaced last month, and now Malik’s silence has ended as he reflects on the incident and its fallout.
What Happened on Set
According to multiple reports, tensions between Malik and Tomlinson boiled over during filming for a road-trip style Netflix series that was meant to reunite the former bandmates for the first time since their 1D days.
Sources told The Sun that a heated argument escalated after Malik allegedly made a remark about Tomlinson’s late mother, Johannah Deakin, who passed away from leukemia in 2016.
“It spiralled into a row then Zayn made a remark about Louis’ mum Johannah,” an insider claimed. “Louis was stunned and in shock. As he went to move, Zayn then attacked him. Zayn punched him straight in the face. Because he was wearing rings it cut Louis’ head.”
The incident reportedly left Tomlinson with a cut head and a concussion, requiring medical treatment.
Malik had to be pulled away by crew members, and production was halted immediately. Netflix has not confirmed the details, but insiders say the project has been scrapped entirely.
Zayn Breaks His Silence
In a recent interview recorded in Los Angeles, Malik addressed his past behavior and admitted to struggling with “brash arrogance” during his early career. While he didn’t directly confirm the fight, he spoke about personal growth and the toll of being in the public eye.
“I’ve had to look at myself a lot over the last few years,” Malik said. “There were times I wasn’t proud of how I handled things. I’m in a different place now.”
The singer also shared that he’s been dealing with health concerns that forced him to pause album promotion and cancel appearances, including a planned “One Night Only” show in Kingston, UK, on April 13.
Fans React and Malik Focuses on Recovery
Fans have flooded social media with mixed reactions—some defending Malik, others expressing disappointment. Meanwhile, Malik has been keeping a low profile as he recovers from a “mystery health scare” he revealed on Instagram last week.
“To my fans – Thank you to all of you for your love & support now & always- been a long week and am still unexpectedly recovering,” he wrote alongside a photo of himself in a hospital bed.
“Heartbroken that I can’t see you all this week, I wouldn’t be in the place I am today without you guys and am so thankful for your understanding.”