6 foods that are Natural Pain Killers
This means that one is forced to increase the dosage of the same drug each time in order to obtain the desired effect. This can not only be lethal to health but can also lead to long term and irreversible side effects.
This is perhaps the main reason why the medical society not only discourages the frequent usage of pain killers and antibiotics but also places significant importance on the herbal treatments and natural remedies.
Here is a list of 6 foods which are found to be natural pain relievers according to medical science and Indian traditional medicine; Ayurveda and have proven to give a 100% success rate.
1) Garlic: This pungent herb has been known to be a painkiller since centuries. Apply it on a skin rash directly or heat it with a tablespoon of olive oil and massage on the aching joints.
2) Cherries: According to research, these red, juicy fruits help in muscle repair. Drinking cherry juice or eating a bowl of this fruit post your work out will energise your body and relieve your from muscle pain.
3) Ginger: Adding fresh or dried ginger to your diet helps prevent and cure muscular and joint pains. According to research, it also helps curb swelling and stiffness.
4) Oats: Loaded with magnesium and zinc, oats have been seen to help those women suffering from painful periods by playing a role in easing menstrual cramps and bringing relief from endometriosis (abnormal growth of uterine lining).
5) Grapes: One bowl of grapes, eaten daily, can help relieve your backache. These fruits contain nutrients that increase blood circulation to the lower back, reducing the pain.
6) Cloves: This spice helps fight toothache, and as a result is a main component of herbal toothpastes. Dab a little clove oil on a cotton swab and put it on the aching tooth for relief.