Abdul Rasheed Ghazi case: two former MNAs record statements
ISLAMABAD: Former members of National Assembly (MNAs) Shah Abdul Aziz and Javed Ibrahim Paracha recorded their statements to the investigation team of the Ghazi Abdul Rasheed murder case, ARY News reports on Saturday.
Maulana Shah Abdul Aziz, in his statement, claimed that he was not allowed to go inside the mosque for negotiations. He further said that General (Retd.) Tariq Majeed and General (Retd.) Mehdi Hassan also stopped the Lal Masjid administration for going inside.
He added that General (Retd.) Pervez Musharraf is responsible for the Lal Majid operation.
He further said that General Nusrat Naeem had warned that anything can happen if he does not leave the premises. He further alleged that former state minister Tariq Azeem tried to interfere in the negotiations between the Federal Government and Lal Masjid clerics.
On the other hand Javed Ibrahim Paracha, former MNA of Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N), said that a military general from Kahuta had already told him that General (Retd.) Pervez Musharraf wanted an operation to be held against Lal Masjid. He added that the refusal of students to leave the library of Jama Hafsa was a lie. However, Musharraf said that Jama Hafsa should be evicted as well.
General (Retd.) Mehdi Hassan brought the force from Gilgit to carry out the operation.