Army releases video proving Pakistan destroyed Indian posts along LoC
RAWALPINDI: Hours after rubbishing the India’s claim that its forces destroyed a Pakistani post along Line of Control in Nowshera Sector, Pakistan Army released a video to prove that it was Indian army which suffered humiliation and had its posts destroyed by the Pakistan Army on May 13, ARY News reported.
On 13 May 2017, India targeted innocent civilians. In befitting response Pak Army destroyed Indian posts in Nowshera Sec. 2/2. pic.twitter.com/jHLZVOoHSa
— Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor (@OfficialDGISPR) May 23, 2017
“Indian claims of destroying Pakistan Army posts in Nowshera sector is totally baseless and misleading. On the contrary, Indian Army resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation including heavy mortar and artillery fire on civil population in Bhimber Sector on 13 May which resulted in civilian casualties and damages to civil infrastructure,” said a press release issued by ISPR, the military’s media wing.
The media release adds that Pakistani troops responded befittingly and caused “substantial losses to military men and material” in Nowshera sector on May 13.
“Pakistan Army remains undeterred and any misadventure by Indian Army would be responded with even greater force and strength,” the statement says in the end.
Earlier in the day, India’s army claimed that its troops in Nowshera sector had caused some damage to Pakistani army posts in a “very recent” action across Line of Control.
DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor quickly issued a statement and rubbished the Indian claim.
“Indian claims of destroying Pakistani post along LOC in Naushera Sec and firing by Pakistan Army on civilians across LOC are false,” DG ISPR had tweeted.