Web
Analytics
The news is by your side.

Aviation traffic expected to become twice by 2037 in Pakistan: AIRBUS

KARACHI: Aviation traffic in Pakistan is increasing and is projected to become twice over the next two decades with a yearly augment of 4.9%, according to the Airbus Global Market Forecast.

The report stated, in order to congregate with the mounting demand, Pakistan’s aviation industry will be requiring 250 passenger aircraft by 2037.

The Airbus officials briefed as per Pakistan’s aviation sector, if airline traffic in Pakistan is considered on the whole, 18% is based on domestic use while the rest of 82% is used for international purpose.

The data reveals that, currently, only 25 aircraft of Airbus are being used in Pakistan, from which 11 are with Airblue and 14 are with state-owned Pakistan International Airlines (PIA).

Moreover, Airbus stated that they are focusing more on the region and its assortment of commercial aircraft which includes the A220’s, A320neos and A330neos, which are being enlarged in order to convene with the regional growing market needs.

According to communications officer of Airbus, the global air cargo to and from Pakistan is predictable to augment three times over the next two decades.

Also, Airbus considers PIA amongst its 1st customers in the regionas it was launched in early 1978, also in the past 40 years the company has acknowledged orders for almost 11 aircraft from Pakistan.

At present, Pakistan holds a total fleet of fifty-five aircrafts, including Shaheen Air International which descended into a financial catastrophe, due to nonpayment of government dues, as it is considered as the 2nd largest international airline.

Comments

comments

You might also like