KARACHI: Senior journalist of India Sharda Ugra, who revealed the BCCI’s report to revamp ICC, said on Monday that proposed plan is hooliganism which should be countered, ARY News reported.
Speaking to ARY News Sharda Ugra said that handing over command of International Cricket Council (ICC) to ‘Big Three’ will cause severe harm to cricket.
“Strong opposition should be carried against the culprits involved in such conspiracy”, he added.
The Indian journalist further suggested that every cricket board should strongly reject the Board for Cricket Control in India (BCCI’s) proposal.
The following are the key features of proposal,
- New executive committee (ExCo) to be set up with permanent memberships for BCCI, Cricket Australia (CA), and England Cricket Board (ECB) to override all other committees.
- Promotion and relegation in Test cricket, with exceptions made in the cases of BCCI, CA, ECB. ICC to be delinked from FTP arrangements, with bilateral agreements only taking over.
- New finance model of ICC revenue distribution.
- Key positions in ICC – ICC chairman, chairmen of ExCo and finance & commercial affairs committee – to be nominees of BCCI-CA-ECB.
- Reinstatement of Champions Trophy in 2017 and 2021 in place of the World Test Championship.