The news is by your side.

Police register blasphemy case on request of Christian web TV owner

The police registered the case on the instructions of the owner of the Christian web TV office. A police official revealed that computers, furniture, books and other goods were damaged in the fire.

The channel Gawahi, located in a residential building in Akhtar Colony, used to air religious programmes.

Channel’s director had alleged that it was an act of foul play, however police say the fire was caused by a electricity short circuit.

Police said fire brigade officials also cited shor circuit as cause of the fire. The channel director has submitted an application to police, demanding inquiry in the incident.

Police will begin probe by acquiring footage of CCTVs installed at a nearby church to ascertain the possibility of any sabotage.



You might also like