CM Sindh says not aware of Farooq Sattar’s arrest
KARACHI: Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah on Saturday claimed that he remained unaware of MQM-Pakistan chief Farooq Sattar’s brief detention on Friday as the whole episode occurred “quite late in the night”, ARY News reported.
Talking to media in Karachi, Shah maintained that he remained unaware of the whole episode, adding that police may have only asked the MQM-P chief to present himself in the cases pending against him.
“The court has ordered police to arrest Sattar and present him in court. I will advise him to get bail in the case,” said CM Sindh.
Sattar is nominated in cases pertaining to raising of anti-state slogans by MQM founder Altaf Hussain on August 22, and inciting party workers leading to subsequent attacks on media organisations.
MQM-Pakistan’s on-paper chief Farooq Sattar became the party’s de-facto chairman after founder Altaf Hussain’s August 22 speech in which Hussain urged people to raise anti-Pakistan slogans and attack media offices, which resulted in an attack on ARY News’ Saddar office.
Sattar and MQM’s lawmakers dissociated themselves from the party founder on August 23 and Sattar has been leading the party since then.